Welcome Fairmeadow Families 2021-22!
Dear Fairmeadow Families,
The 2021/22 school year is within reach! Whether you are a returning Firebird Family or a brand new member of our amazing community, we are all excited to start a school year filled with new beginnings together here at Fairmeadow. I hope you all had a relaxing and enjoyable summer. My family and I were able to take a short camping trip to Lake Berryessa filled with some fun in the sun and playing in the water. I am excited for the start of this new school year and am so eager to see our students! Our teachers and staff have been working hard throughout their summer to prepare for an adventurous teaching and learning year ahead. Below is an outline of a few important items to be aware of in the upcoming weeks.
- Informational Board Meeting - This is a reminder that tonight, Tuesday, August 3rd from 6 pm-7 pm PAUSD will hold a Family Information Night on the Return To In-Person Learning for 2021-22, along with an alternative option for students who may have health risks. This session will begin promptly at 6 pm to ensure sufficient time for breakout FAQ sessions following the overall presentation of information. During the main presentation, simultaneous interpretation will be available through Zoom in Mandarin and Spanish. In addition, the FAQ breakout sessions will be hosted in three languages: English, Spanish, and Mandarin. For more information see our website: https://www.pausd.org/school-life/learning/ab130. Click the following link to join Tuesday, August 3rd at 6 pm: Informational Webinar
- School Safety - PAUSD continues to follow the guidance from CDPH (California Department of Public Health) and CDC (Center for Disease Control) regarding COVID safety protocols for our students and staff. As our Superintendent, Don Austin, shared in last week's email, face masks will be required of all staff, students, and volunteers while indoors regardless of vaccination status. Outdoor masks are optional at this time. There will be COVID testing kits available for those showing symptoms, and random or pool testing is no longer a recommendation. We are also limiting non-essential adult volunteers on campus. In addition, social distancing, daily health screener, and desk barriers will be removed across sites.
- Updated Bell Schedule - We have new start and dismissal times!
- Our school day begins at 8:15 am each morning for all students grades K-5.
- Early release is on Wednesdays at 1:30 pm for grades 1-5 (kindergarten dismissal is at 12:00 pm until October 8th).
- Dismissal time for grades 1-3 is at 2:25 pm each day except Wednesdays.
- Dismissal time for grades 4-5 is at 2:40 pm each day except Wednesdays.
- Designated Entry/Exit Locations- We will continue to utilize designated drop-off and pick-up student locations by grade level. I strongly encourage you to walk/scooter/bike with your child(ren) as much as possible to help with traffic congestion. Please review the attached entry/exit locations (linked here) and practice your school route before the first day of school.
- Class Placements - Class placements will be emailed to you on Wednesday, August 11th. Please remember to check your email SPAM folder. For returning Fairmeadow families please make sure you complete the Annual Data Update (ADU) which was emailed out this past Spring. Instructions and more information can be found on the PAUSD website at https://www.pausd.org/enrollment. This annual process is required by California law to validate residency, emergency contacts, and health information for your children. You can also file a "Let's Talk" ticket located at the top left of the main PAUSD website under "Login Issues- Parent Portal."
- Back-to-School Student Supplies - Thank you so much to our wonderful PTA for helping to fund and organize our student supplies for our classrooms, which students will receive when they come to school! In addition to classroom supplies, each student should come to school with their own backpack, water bottle, and face mask. If you need assistance with gathering any of these supplies, please contact the front office.
- School Lunches - PAUSD will be providing complimentary school lunches to our students each day. Please review the attached (and linked) document for more information and details.
- Kindergarten Families - A huge thank you to Mari-Ueda-Tao, our Kindergarten Coordinator. She organized a few playdates for kindergarten families at Mitchell Park Playground/Park (near the Fairmeadow campus) on the dates below. Should you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wednesday, August 4th, 10 am-11 am
- Sunday, August 8th, 3 pm-4 pm
- Tuesday, August 10th at 4 pm-5 pm
- Principal Coffees - I will be hosting a series of Principal Coffees throughout the school year where we can connect and have community conversations centered around specific topics. Please mark your calendars for my first virtual Coffee on Monday, August 16th from 9:00 am-10:00 am. I would love to virtually meet with families who are new to Fairmeadow. I will host a presentation all about Fairmeadow Elementary entitled "Fairmeadow 101." Here is the link: Join Zoom Meeting https://pausd.zoom.us/j/99474855814
- After School Care - For information about after-school care options, here is a link: https://fairmeadow.pausd.org/school-life/after-school. Please note, PAUSD and Fairmeadow are not affiliated with any of these organizations other than me sharing information and options for families. If you have further questions about enrollment and/or safety procedures, please communicate with the organization directly. All staffing, communication, protocols, and procedures are determined by each organization listed.
- Back-to-School Informational Packets - All school/PTA information will be emailed out to families shortly. Please make sure you check your email inbox and SPAM folders. If you haven't already, please take a moment to explore and bookmark the Fairmeadow PTA website at https://www.fairmeadow.paloaltopta.org. We highly encourage you to join our fabulous PTA!
That is all for now. I will connect with you again soon and look forward to seeing students on campus on our first day of school, Thursday, August 12th! As always, please feel free to reach out to me with any questions that may arise email@example.com.
With warm regards,
Iris Wong, Fairmeadow Principal